Sunday, February 20, 2005

sideways

It's been a boring stretch for quite sometime now. Nothing really happening, nothing unusual. Just work, day in and day out, sometimes even on the weekend (which reminds me, I still have to finish something). Highlight of the week is I was sort of "promoted" at work. My boss has deemed it right to let me in on the profit-sharing thing, which means. no more deductions for being late. (Wohoo!) No more overtime pay either (Boooo!)
Much of my routine this year is work all week and play on the weekends. Badminton every Friday, being it my only physical activity for the time being and probably a movie or night out on Saturday or a Sunday.
I saw "Sideways" yesterday at the Gateway Cineplex 10 at the Araneta Center. I had a hard time choosing which flick to watch, having to choose between Ray and Sideways or watching Phantom again, but this time from the beginning. I went to see Sideways, it being the earliest of the 3 to come on.
I don't know how to describe it. It's a light comedy with a bittersweet ending set-up in California Wine country. It stars Paul Giamatti, Thomas Haden Church, Virginia Madsen and Sandra Oh. Thomas is really funny in this and Virginia is still beautiful inspite the long absence from the movie scene. And it's a movie about wine.
I couldn't get why it was titled "Sideways" until I saw the movie. I figure when you're not going up or down, you just move sideways, much like what I am, growing "sideways". Hehehe.

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

Congratulations Sir. Hehehe. Have a fine week. God Bless.