Sunday, July 30, 2006

What I've learned....

" Sometimes I think there's no reason to get out of bed... then I feel wet and I realize there is." -Homer Simpson

I've been reading quite a few Esquire magazines lately, which I bought dirt cheap from the back issue bin. Apart from the usual fashion, tech and entertainment guides that most magazines have, It's really entertaining to read their "what I've learned" section with their featured celebrity. It's entertaining and prompted me to do my own list. Maybe in the future this will be relevant when I finally get my 15 minutes....

* Everyone has an agenda!
* When it's about work, money changes everything the bottomline IS EVERYTHING!
* In my line of work, EGO is always mistaken for knowledge.
* No matter what your grades are in school, the younger you are the less you know.
* If it pays well...It's a career. If it just gets you by... It's a job. If the pay sucks... It's a vocation!
* My definition of Epiphany is having a great idea then finding out there are others that already have a website for it.
* Your opinion about other people will be your paranoia about what others will think when you're in the same situation.
* A steel drum when full creates less noise than when it's empty.....just like our brain.
* Between blognapping and chain e-mails, the former is the lesser evil.
* Life is like a joke.... it needs a set-up, a punchline and a follow through. Then it'll be a great joke.
* It's better to be a flash in the pan than a stain on the wall.
* Every person, at some point in their life, will suffer from selective amnesia.
* Each person will have one pivotal moment that they will remember all their life (and constantly tell you about it, over and over and over)
* You will always have another chance to catch something that you missed.... like cable TV.

* I'd rather travel by air than by sea, cause when something goes wrong, you can be sure that you're not the only one who doesn't know how to fly!
* The only difference between news and gossip is that the latter is free.

More again next time!




1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

If it pays well...It's a career. If it just gets you by... It's a job. If the pay sucks... It's a vocation!
Heee...I guess, mine's a JOB. Nicely put. Thanks for sharing this one dude. Ingat. God Bless.