Thursday, January 17, 2008

January blues

It's only the middle of January and I've managed to break ALL of my resolutions for 2008. I purposely didn't post it here (so no one could keep track) and still went down in flames, in record time at that.
1. I made a promise to myself that I will diligently watch what I eat and exercise more. Well, for the past couple of weeks, I've been to a birthday dinner, despedida, reunion every weekend and only managed to go to the gym 4 times. Well, maybe 4 1/2 times. The half-session was when I was midway into my workout and got an invite to watch a filmfest movie (which is subject to a different rant for another day). This weekend will be our barangay fiesta, so don't me to just sit back and watch.
2. December 2007 for me, was very exciting and tumultuous all at the same time. happy kinda sad, like the line from song,??? I forgot which song. I'll remember last month for the rest of my life when the most wonderful thing happened to me that could very well change my life, in a very good way of course.
3. In a fit of impulsiveness, i sent my curriculum vitae (nee resume) to 2 Architectural firms outside of the Philippines. A former officemate asked me to try apply for work in their firm in Singapore. I did, and yesterday I got a call from their representative to setup an interview. I purposely do not apply for work abroad primarily because I want to make it big here. It's already been 15 years and I've only got some minor successes to show for it. If I do accept their offer, i will have to renege on a lot of my previous commitments but on the other hand, If I stay, i see a lot of opportunities for me this year. I think it's time for me to think things very carefully.

I need to keep my chin up from hereon. It's notevenFebruary and already I'm in mid-year slump mode already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'll remember last month for the rest of my life when the most wonderful thing happened to me that could very well change my life"

Ditto. It surely has been one roller coaster ride for us both. I just can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me, and have given me. You helped ease all the pain I felt and with that, am truly grateful.

Try to perk up a bit. You have got a lot of things going for you. Good Luck. You know I'll always be here when you need me.

Vikkicar said...

Blues come and go dude. God Bless.