Monday, May 02, 2005

Naga

The bus pulled into the terminal 2-hours delayed. It was supposed to be just an 8-hour trip but an accident in Lucena caused the delay. It’s just unfortunate that all I saw throughout the entire bus ride was pitch black. The Isarog Liner bus with lazy-boy seats left Manila at 8:45 pm Tuesday.

I’ve been looking forward to this trip ever since construction broke-ground. The first thing I noticed in Naga is the unusual number of churches in just a small area. There’s the old and new Peñafrancia Basillica, a cathedral, a few shrines, about half a dozen churches for different patrons and a seminary just outside the town. Just by looking around our project site you can already see 3 or 4 spires and bell towers in the skyline.

Being new to the area, I’ve never tried going around the city by myself, well not yet. Either I’m accompanied by my host or the contractor otherwise, it’s just me at the field office or my hotel room. Pretty boring since the nothing much can be seen from the construction. Anyways, I can always look forward to my next trip in a few weeks or so. Maybe I’ll get to see Mayon volcano this time.

No comments: