Sunday, October 09, 2005

routine.

3 weeks and I still am not able to speak the dialect. What can I say? I'm really not that adaptable when it comes to learning dialects unlike some of my friends. Hey, I can't even imitate the accent. Much of my conversations contain head-bobbing (sometimes sideways) and lots of waving around and hand gestures. Whatever.
My life right now is one big routine. Wake-up, breakfast, work and then go home. I bookend my workdays with showers and some TV. It's a good thing that I'm finally able to catch some familiar shows via studio23. I was able to catch the "Amazing Race" and "Survivor: Guatemala" this week, and I'd rather watch them than the teleseryes'. I've been quite hooked though on Vietnam Rose. Hehehe.
Working 6 days a week, I only have time to lurk around the city on Sundays, except when I have the urge to have lunch at the mall. They do have an SM and a Robinson's here, (though both can fit inside the Mall of Asia with room to spare.) at least it's something I'm familiar with. I also catch a flick every week, with movies a week or two delayed from those showing in Manila. Today it'll be Drew's The Perfect Catch, which I've been waiting for so long now.
My only concern these days is whether I'm doing a good job and if I'll be able to keep this up. I still miss my friends and it's a good thing that I'm able to chat with them every week, just so to lessen the boredom I get oftentimes. It's also a blessing to be away from madness in Manila. I'm able to be with my thought everyday while I walk to and from work, with the fresh air and less frantic pace of living here, nothing's routine about that.

2 comments:

manonica said...

Sounds like you're having a simple, nice time there. Aside from a li'l boredom, I can imagine that it is truly a relaxing change of pace from the sometimes-irritating city life. Post some pix soon naman ha? God bless dear!

Vikkicar said...

I wouldn't mind living in the province. Basta may tv and internet connection ako at mga FRIENDS vcds. I will be ok me feels. Ingat lagi and see ya soon. God Bless dude.