Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"lugar lang."

It's funny how things are different here. The title is the first Ilonggo expression I used in my first week here. It's the phrase that you say to the driver of the PUJ if you want to disembark. Anyway, the first few days were a drag 'coz the place I'm staying at has no cable and I have to bear with the tele-serye marathon each night. Sigh. I could afford to get cable but I just don't want to impose anything that my surrogate famly might find offensive.

The family I'm staying at is very accommodating, even if they don't have to. There's the glaring difference with people in the provinces and those living in the metro. They share as much as they can all the time even if they don't live an extravagant life. I sometimes find it difficult to say that I've already seen the "new" dvd movie they've just bought. Might as well watch it again.

I'm living a simple life here. Rise early, have breakfast. Go to work. Come home. Dinner and cringe while watching those 3 nuns and 3 "creatures" in KampaƱerang Kuba drive the point that public TV is s--t! I'm walking to and from work now, breathing fresh air along the way since it's only abought 1km each way.

I don't know what will become of my stay here, I hope I can do the job properly.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

Hi dude. Living the simple life eh? Andyan din ba sila Paris and Nicole? Hee. Ingat lagi dyan. God Bless.