Saturday, September 17, 2005

away from home.

It's definite. By this time next week, I'll be in a new place, with a new job and trying earnestly to fit in.

I've cleared out the details with the client yesterday. I'm gonna watch over the construction of his residence in Ilo-ilo and I'll probably be there up to December at the soonest. I'm really very excited on the prospect of working away from home, not that I don't have any worries. With all the excitement, I'm still worried to work that far away from home, primarily because my Mom will have no companion at home. My sister is busy preparing for her wedding and does not stay at home most nights and my younger brother is only home on the weekends. My Mom is a full-time homemaker and it's only me that's her companion during the week. I just hope everything will turn out fine, or she gets that "empty nest" syndrome and get married again. But that's the least of my worries.

This will probably be the longest period that I'll be away from home. I'm already planning what I'll be doing when I'm not working. I'll probably be just reading or watching a movie or doing the
laundry, which is the most terrifying concept.

"Yes, you caught me. I'm a laundry virgin."

I'm sure everything will be fine. I try to remind myself that idea as often as I can so that I won't freak out or become sentimental again. Besides, I've already been to the place and If everthing goes wrongand I bust out, I'll just say that it was a working vacation.

2 comments:

Vikkicar said...

Hi dude. You will not be a laundry virgin no more. Hehe. Ingat. God Bless.

manonica said...

Now why do you hafta leave before our Divi date?! Keeding. We'll miss ya. Be back soonest ya hear? Godspeed.