Monday, November 14, 2005

celebrations!

Went home briefly during the All Saints Day holidays. I've been away for 6 weeks and coming home is quite a treat for me. I flew back November 1st on a plane with only 12 passengers. It's not surprising since most of the vacationers flew a few days before. I arrived in Manila 30 minutes after take-off. The streets were nearly empty yet the cab ride was longer than my flight. Too bad nothing has changed since I left, only a sense of longing for my bed.. and cable TV!
Before anything else, these two ladies are celebrating their birthdays this month. Shout out to my sister Nanette and my niece, Gellie, who's turning 3 years old, ("paaayb" if you ask her about it.)

One of the reasons I had to come home was for my sisters wedding. The ceremony was held in the Church of St. Mary Magdalene in Kawit, cavite. My brother and I had to leave Manila at 5am to avoid the traffic ( good thing there wasn't, with everyone still away and all.)

Too bad I had to return to work the following Monday, just like everyone else, but working away from home only makes you realize how special your family and friends are when you're not with them.

2 comments:

manonica said...

Love your sister's bouquet! Simple and... outlined with pink!

See ya in December!

Vikkicar said...

See ya the soonest. Takecare and God Bless always.