Friday, September 22, 2006

525,600 minutes.

Borrowing the opening line from "Rent", is exactly the amount of time I've spent here in Ilo-ilo. Give or take a few thousand. I never expected that a 3-month project would take this long to finish but hey, I stopped countin' a couple of months back.

In reality, I only have another month to go till we officially turnover the "houses" to their respective Owners and I'm eagerly waiting the day my boss tells me to pack-up and leave already. I'm officially 1 year old here and I'll just subtract this number from my real age when I'm back in Manila.

1 year working away from home is equivalent to...
~89,496 total steps up 7 sets of stairs 6 times a week.
~4,405 kms. travelled to and fro along with 28 hours of waiting time for the plane to leave.
~1,695 kms. travelled on foot while working.
~375 or so reading material (newspaper and magazines)
~330 actual days spent in Ilo-ilo,35 days in Manila.
~44 movies watched at the mall.
~bought 4 pairs of footwear, 11 shirts and 1 beach towel.
~3 seasons of the Amazing Race
3 broken promises.
~2 trips to the beach in pre-oil spill Guimaras.
~2 seasons of Survivor
~2 Manny Pacquiao fights.
~one NBA season, Rockstar and American Idol.
~1 bout iwth UTI and 9 or 10 days with the flu.
~0 pounds lost due to the delicious food and numerous dinners of batchoy, chicken inasal, mangoes and "langka".

3 comments:

Vikkicar said...

44 movies. Wow. I haven't been to a movie theater since late 2004 yata. It's been a while. I might see Maximo Oliveros on Sunday tho. Maybe. See ya soon. And I love langka, fattening though, once you started eating that, you can't seem to stop. Ingat and God Bless.

Ada said...

Oo nga, adik sa sine. Hee. I watch at least once in a month or two i think. (Only coz i'm forced to join some friends).:) Gusto ko langka, sigh. :(

manonica said...

WOW. It's been a year now? Time flies.