Sunday, November 12, 2006

backtrack!

*You can always tell when you don't have much to do on a Sunday when you let yourself be talked into getting your hair relaxed.... like I did earlier today.

Like any other weekend here, I spend my afternoons at the Mall watching the latest flick or just checking my mails or gettin a haircut. My hair's been having a mind of it's own lately like it always does. The starnds are quite flimsy so it's easier to maintain when its short. What was supposed to be a routine haircut turned into a marathon ritual where the "barber" sweet-talked me into gettin a facial and.. a hair spa treatment. And I thought you can only get that at a Gandang Ricky Reyes when lo and behold, the first time I step into a barbershop and they suckered me into this. Ah.. well. It wasn't half-bad but I should've had my hair dyed.

* Surfin the cable channels a few nights ago, I stumbled upon the movie "Hotshots" again. Can't help but watch it again even if it means missing Grey's Anatomy on Star World. Good thing I already saw that episode and settled and saw my childhood flashed before my eyes.
There are some moments in my life that I can clearly remember all because It has a movie attached to itand Hotshots was one of them. This was the last movie I ever saw together with my Mom and sister. I clearly remember it because my Mom and I had just come from the hospital for my check-up after being sick with "dengue", then only known as h-fever. We caught the last full show at the Baron Theater near Trabajo Market. Apart from the great soundtrack, it is a happy memory for me cause in a few months I was about to start secondary education and I started watching movies with my friends afterwards.

* Happy days during my furlough in Manila last week. Spent some time with family and friends and had a helluva time. Thanks guys!


Maybe a little TOO MUCH fun!

4 comments:

manonica said...

Nauna ka pa sa'kin magpa-straight ng buhok! Hee.

Vikkicar said...

Is Hotshots, the one with Charlie Sheen? The baseball movie? Ingat and God Bless.

qtz said...

its the local one with gary v et al. some great songs was on the soundtrack!

aileen said...

and the bottle says it all! hehe..