Thursday, November 02, 2006

Two lives.

The flight home was a little different than last year. First thing is Cebu Pacific flight was on time. It only took me 20 minutes from checking-in my luggage to boarding. Second, there were more passengers than a year ago considering that it's actually just a 1-day holiday.
I didn't win in the game on-board the flight unlike last year. I did get to buy an overpriced CP wallet with strap from the cute flight attendants, Sugar, Yamm and Orange. Add some flour and you have a cake. After the game I slept the rest of the way. We arrived 15 minutes early, another first, and I finally arrived home around 8 in the morning.
My Mom and I went to our family mausoleum as usual. The crowds at the cemetery isn't as many as last year but it sure was an unusually hot November day, with us having El NiƱo afterall. Stayed there for only a couple of hours then went home for a late lunch.
My scheduled business while I'm here is quite hectic. I have to check on some current projects while I go meet with some prospective clients. I also need to pay some professional dues, renew my license and visit my doctors for some regular check-ups. One thing I'll definitely miss is my nephews' christening. I still haven't seen him since I arrived and will surely not be able to attend the event, lest I'm named as one of the godfathers, then my Mom obliged to come home again next week. I will also meet some friends over the next few days for some post-birthday celebrations, Manila style. I may have a lot of things to do but I only have errands up to staurday only. I purposely reserved Sunday as my TV day. I'm looking forward to some advanced episodes of Lost- season 3 and Prisonbreak- season 2 that my little brother downloaded.
Being in Manila can sometime be disorienting, having stayed the previous year in Iloilo. It almost feel like I have two different lives, one here and one in the Visayas and I could not compare which suited me more. Right now, I feel incomplete without the other cause circumstances have presented me with other opportunities that may extend my stay in Iloilo. Being the workaholic that I am, its stupid to pass this up. I guess this is God's way of showing me my path in life and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Ada said...

Can i come saberday? *sob*

Iinom niyo na lang ako ha. Belated Happy Birthday!

Hala, nawili ka na sa iloilo.