Wednesday, August 15, 2007

sick day

I did not report for work for the 2nd day now. I could have been at work today if not for the "flash flood" that happened earlier. I was already out the door with my rain gear amid the downpour when my Mom shouted that the floodwater was creeping in from the back of our house, and when I looked toward the street, half was already submerged. I texted my boss that I'll be a bit late for I shall wait for the water to subside. It did recede after an hour and I left the house only to be met by the thousands of students in the streets as classes were suspended. I waited and I waited. After 3 hours, alongside students and office workers, I decided to return home and just tell the office i wouldn't be able to come in today.
I also didn't report for work the previous day 'coz I had the flu. It's already full blown with my muscles, throat and head's aching. It was last Saturday after gym that my throat started to itch. If I hadn't misplaced the locker key and have been able to take a shower instead of roamin around the air-conditioned gym searching for the key for over an hour, maybe I could have avoided this. Inspite of this, i still went jogging early Sunday and by sundown, in the middle of coffee with my friends, I've already got a nasty headache. I still reported for work Monday coz I had to present some drafts to my boss and stayed in the office till around 8:30 PM. my flu got worse during the day and my boss gave me the day off yesterday to rest and report back today, which I couldn't because of the rains. My fever's gone and my muscles and joints aren't aching anymore. My throat's still sore from the coughing and my voice will tell you that it looked like I was singing the night away.
I' not a workaholic but I sure hope the rains won't pour till I get to the office.

No comments: