Saturday, August 25, 2007

friends

What is it about HS and reunion that can both make anyone excited and anxious at the same time. We all have our awkward phases and most of them occurred during secondary schooling I know I did. Next year our batch will be 20 years removed and we're all looking forward to it.
God bless the internet as it had made the challenge of reconnecting with old friends easier, thanks to networking sites such as Friendster, Multiply, MySpace. Last month alone, I reconnected with old classmates in HS and Elementary. My grade school classmate sent me a message just because she remembered my name. With our upcoming reunion, those who are overseas can instantly be informed about the latest developments. But you already know that... I'm really thankful that on another level, reconnecting with old friends can be a wonderful experience. The years may have passed, but seeing a smile that you thought you've forgotten can certainly brighten up my day. I can't wait till we can finally meet, face to face, for another time.

In a totally different topic, the long weekend was not as productive as I hoped to be. I took some work home to finish but I wasn't even able to start it. I attended the baptism of my friends 1st child. This I can say, whatever morals we all adhere to in life, it always take a backseat when it's our friends that are involved. We can always look the other way for our friends. I also spent early Tuesday morning at the emergency room of UST hospital because I had an episode with acute gastritis. I couldn't recall if it was too much pasta or some bad calamare that I ate but my stomach started to hurt around 11PM Monday. I tried to sleep it off but the pain was unbearable. I took some pills to no avail. It was an hour later when i couldn't stop vomitting that I woke up my Mom and asked her to accompany me.
The emergency room was almost empty except for 2 other patients that came in ahead of me. The nurses were in a lively banter on what to order for their snack. Even after they gave me an IV of drugs that the pain subsided. I was released around 4:30AM and light-headed ME still reported work, aching tummy and all. When I got back home that evening, I should have gone strainght to bed but I had a chat with an old friend, and after awhile, everything's ok again, and i hope it gets better.

No comments: