Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father of the Bride?

Barely a week after being Best man to my best friends wedding, I'm already going to another one, but this time It'll be closer to home.

My Mom told me the other day that my younger sister and her boyfriend has "formally" asked her permission to get married, although It shouldn't come as a surprise because of all the magazines and websites she's been looking through lately, I wondered why they told her only now. Anyhows, since my Dad has already passed through this life, It occured to me that this time, I'll be giving the bride away. Quite a step in just a few weeks after being best man. I call it "natural progression"

In all the weddings I've attended, specially those I'm friends with, I'm always a step closer to the altar. Guest, invited guest, guest again, grooms' man, candle, best man and now... "father of the bride". I'm maybe jumping on the gun here, 'cause my Mom can opt to give my sister away by her lonesome but I'm keepin' my fingers crossed and maybe, just maybe... I'll finally be able to get to the altar.

No comments: