Sunday, July 22, 2007

full week ahead

I've always been busy since I squeezed out of college so many years ago. My only real break was the 2 weeks after school and the 2 months reviewing for the board exams, since then it's always work, work, work. I am now at that point wherein I do not distinguish the workday from the weekend anymore since I always meet my clients on Saturday and Sundays. I guess my line of work does that to our kind. I'm not complaining though, If only this sacrifice can make me famous (or important) someday. Next week, I'll be trying to fit 10 workdays into 7 coz I'll be away for 5 days to attend a friends' wedding far, far away. Hope a few days of R&R can jump-start myself to finish the year and then weigh my options then. Should I stay or should I go? That'll have to wait till December.

We visited my last surviving grandmother yesterday. She's my Dad's mom and since he passed away 24 years ago, our visits isn't as regular as we want to. We last saw her last Christmas but this time, we are complete in 6 years. It was a late birthday celebration since my Lola turned 83 a few weeks back. Being in far away San Jose del Monte with no phone and hardly a cellphone signal, makes constant communication a bit difficult. While we only stayed half a day, I hope our visit can sustain her a few more years, for I know she deserves better. There's a part of me that wants to take her in with us coz I feel she's being neglected by my cousins but my Mom doesn't like the idea. She has her reasons and I will respect that.

Also yesterday, after working out, I dragged myself to Fully-Booked and got myself "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows". I sometimes wonder why some people go to great lengths in ruining everyones fun in coming out with spoilers. I even saw one guy who got his copy in advance "accidentally." He took the time taking photos of every page of the book and posted it on the net. It's authentic though it's quite difficult to read. While I was in between sets, I noticed almost everyone in the gym had the book in hand reading while sipping the complimentary coffee. This has become as some sort of status symbol (or is it just me). That image just made me more eager to buy it since I was planning to get a copy after I've comeback. I've also promised myself that I'll finish "On borrowed words" before reading HP7, but that's one more promise unkept. I've started HPatDH yesterday and some reviews here.

Ah well, I'll try to finish it in 3 days, while trying to work and doing all the other things I normally do. Till then....

2 comments:

irene said...

Work hard, play hard, ika nga.

manonica said...

Take a breath, Dino. Life is too short to be working all the time.

Although I have nothing against you Harry Potter aficionados (Grampa is one of you, after all), I consider myself one of the lucky few who don't give a hoot about HP. When National Bookstore opened at 7am last week, specifically for those who wanted to get hold of the book beforre anyone else, I just shook my head in amusement. I have not even read a single Potter book. I like Daniel Radcliffe is all, which is why I've seen some of the movies. Some. Not even all. LOL.