Sunday, July 15, 2007

tidbits.

Lately, since January this year, I have read more books in a shorter time than in any year since I started enjoying reading paperbacks. I've been reading since my elementary days but it's limited to comic strips and the weekly Funny comics with "Niknok" and "superKat". Those were the days when I was more interested in the drawings than the stories.
In high school, I look forward to Tuesdays 'coz it was the only time that fiction books can be lent out to students. I've spent my free time, (and sometimes even during lessons) sharing with the adventures of "The Hardy Boys" and "Nancy Drew mysteries". Since then, I've enjoyed the whole gamut of fiction from Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham, etc. I enjoy reading those stories that eventually became movies or have the potential to become one. So far these year I've already finished the 2 Jurassic Park books and Airframe by Michael Crichton and Don't stand too close to a naked man and I'm not really here by Tim Allen. I'm currently reading "On borrowed words" and I have a backlog of 4 more books , which I will read after... I finish the last Harry Potter book. I watched HP5 and it was disappointing coz the longest book in the series was the shortest running time. Too bad a lot of the details and back stories was left out.
Anyway, it was in the book I'm currently reading , I found this;

TAOISM: Shit happens.
HINUISM: This shit happened before.
CONFUCIANISM: Confucius says, "Shit happens."
BUDDHISM: If shit happens, it isn't really shit.
ZEN: What is the sound of shit happening?
ISLAM: if shit happens, it is the will of Allah.
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: Knock, knock, "Shit happens."
ATHEISM: There is no shit.
AGNOSTICISM: I don't know whether shit happens.
PROTESTANISM: Shit won't happen if I work harder.
CATHOLICISM: If shit happens, I deserve it.
JUDAISM: Why does shit always happen to us?

Siyet.

1 comment:

aileen said...

ehem....when you finish the last harry potter....ehem, ehem....heehee