Thursday, September 13, 2007

low

I often surprise myself on how I can be a jerk sometimes.

I was supposed to write about a fire that burned another house in my street last Saturday. I was wasting my time daydreaming/ sleeping in the afternoon till a commotion roused me and I checked. A 3-door apartment was already engulfed in thick, black smoke as I peered out the door, almost at the same time as the first firetrucks' arrived. My immediate panic was quelled when I saw that it was on the other side of the street, but still, flashback of the near fire that destroyed the house behind ours played inside my head.

But I digress....

I always remind myself to not become the guy on TV who breaks the heart of a girl but I just did. I didn't just break a girls' heart but I did it to someone who doesn't deserve her heart broken. My sensibilities can do a Houdini on me at the most inopportune moment. I may have just thrown away the best thing that could ever happen to me. Common sense can also kick you in the groin and catch you off-guard.

Isn't that spit-in-your face, kick-you-in-the-crotch fantastic!

What a jerk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is really sweet...
self flagellation is good but have you done anything to rectify the situation?