Friday, September 21, 2007

man flu

I don't understand why I couldn't get myself to blog at my multiply site when it's perfectly normal to do so. Hey, why fix something that ain't broke?
Something's amiss when you've been sick the past 8 days like I have. It all started when I was partly drenched by the rains last Thursday. I was on my way to the gym when it poured, just as I am only a few meters away from the door. Never knew what hit me after that. Woke up the next day with the sniffles, a slight fever and a very sore throat. Being a weekend, I still went to work coz I was scheduled to meet up with friends that evening. Suffice to say that I didn't come as may "man flu"was full blown by the end of the day. Feeling week, I slept early to get some extra rest. I woke up with the worst fever I've had in recent memory and I had to cancel all my appointments that day and hoping everything will clear up on Sunday.
It didn't.
Hoping for the best, I went ahead and still met with clients the whole afternoon while on a lot of medication, hoping to clear up some time before the start of a new week. I went home drained and and still hoping that the worst was over.
It wasn't.
I still had a slight fever and my body's still achin'. With a full workload ahead, I took my medicine and trooped to the office, where for the next 5 days, I'll be infecting my officemates with my virus. The fever and the muscle pain disappeared one by one, while my incessant coughing has left my throat very sore and my voice very hoarse. I already have a small drug den, with the pills, syrups and vitamins that I bought, hoping for a cure, only to realize when a nurse friend of mine told me that there's no remedy for the common cold.
Shit.
My friend told me that I have what they normally called a "man flu." It's all the same she said, the difference is only when a man gets it, he whines about it and not do a thing while if a woman gets it, she still has to do her chores and errands.
Well, who's whining?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jakki Stubbington of Benenden Healthcare said: "All women know that "man flu" exists and now here is official proof. Women have all seen men making a meal of a sniffle and claiming a bit of a cold is the latest deadly flu virus.

"It is not however entirely a laughing matter. Unfortunately there is no cure for the common cold and although a relatively unserious condition the symptoms can be very unpleasant and can make it hard to concentrate at work."

"Colds also have a nasty habit of working their way around the workplace so it is important that staff take time off when they are suffering to reduce the chances of passing it on to their colleagues."

just to prove I know what I'm talking about. Hope you're feeling better by now...