Sunday, November 21, 2004

a lazy saturday afternoon.

It's one of those days again, when I have too much time to kill in between appointments. It's not that I have nothing to do but I can't go home just yet and go out again for the next "meeting". I hate that. When I get home I want to stay home. There was a time when I was younger that I didn't like staying at home, but that all changed when I graduated and began working. Nowadays, I want to be home as much as I could. I'm getting old, (or worse, mature).

Back to my story, I promised an officemate that I would help her get a brand new cellphone using my credit background because hers was not high enough. I've been successful postponing it for about a week but I had no excuse yesterday. My work is up to lunch only but the other staff in the office has work up to 5 so I had 3 or 4 hours to kill.

After finishing up my other meeting somewhere after lunch, I headed to the mall where we're supposed to meet and watched "National Treasure". It was an enjoyable film because Diane Kruger is so beautiful. Nevermind the story which was waht you'd expect from a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. I still recommend it though.

I left the cinema after not seeing any trailers of upcoming films. I'm still waiting to see the new Batman and Star Wars trailers anytime now. I want the full trailers and not the teasers. I can watch those online. Anyway, after much walking and gawking at the PDA's in the store windows, I'm finally at the store waiting for my number. It's been 30 minutes and still the sales rep is still with customer 32, I'm number 37. "Customer 41 please." she barked. Hey, what happened to the other 9? With a little complaint, my turn was up.

" I would like to get a new subscription please."

"Ok sir, If I could just get your I.D and proof of billing address with ITR and Certificate of Employment and or your past 2 months billing statements with receipt of payment..."

" (My what?) 2 months billing with receipt? I only brought 1 month. Is that ok?"

(sigh) The sales rep wouldn't budge. I just wasted an hour and no new phone and it's still raining. I rushed home with my take-out cheese pizza and baked ziti with tomato sauce hoping to catch part of the Pacers-Piston brawl on cable. ahh. just another day.

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

Yes, pag walang work, I'd rather stay home. Have a fine week. God Bless.