Thursday, February 10, 2005

red letter day

I've always wondered why there isn't any person or character associated with not loving this occassion. Christmas has it's Scrooge, or the Grinch, Valentine's Day doesn't have any, (or maybe there is someone except I just haven't heard of him, or her.)
It's been quite awhile since I went out on a Valentine's Day date with a girl I really, really want to spend that day with. I've had pre-valentine's or post valentine's date with casual friends or very good friends. Maybe it comes natural to me to avoid going out on certain occassions to avoid the hassle of the over-booked, over-crowded restaurants. Maybe there's some other reason that only exists in my subconscious.
A very long time ago, when most of us in our barkada were still unattached and single, we agreed that all of us would go out on a V-Day's date as couples just for the experience. We never did go out though. Guess there's just wasn't as many girls to us guys.
Probably the reason why there isn't a Valentine's Day Scrooge is , to quote a line from a song, nobody wants to be lonely. Hey, I could be wrong.
I'l probably be sitting out on this year's Valentine's, it being a Monday and all. This year may not be the last but I'm sure it won't last a lifetime.
Happy Valentine's to all the "single-detached" persons out there.

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

Happy Vday dude. God Bless.