Sunday, February 06, 2005

Two and a half gatherings

It's been awhile since I last posted. Ijust had a bad few weeks lately, I'm feeling down and I realized, It's just one of those stretches that I have to get over with, but things have picked up a notch the past few days.

I just came from a family "reunion" of sorts yesterday. We haven't done this for quite awhile and it was long overdue. Twas a double celebration of sorts, first is my uncle has finally invited us to there new home in Tagaytay, the one which I designed and it was my first time to see the house finished and furnished. Second, a cousin of mine is coming home after 5 plus years of "working" in the US of A.

About the house. IT WAS GREAT! No special thanks to me but to my aunt who did the interior decorations. Leave it to her to have their home "shabby chic". When she asked me if I expected the house to look as it is, I responded with a YES, but for the exterior only. I was amazed when I entered the house and saw something straight out of a magazine. She did great job and It made me look good. A little self indulgent on my part but hey, who cares. Our family shared lunch and snacks on the cool Tagaytay weather before we parted and promised to come back real soon.

I went to another kind of gathering later that evening. It was less cheerful than the first one. A friend of mine's Mom passed away a few nights earlier and I went to the wake to see how she's holding up. There's nothing as hurtful as when a parent dies. It's something all of us will encounter at some point. I lost my Dad a long time ago and it still stings once in a while. I told E about how family and relatives always get to meet on weddings and funerals. I pray that she gets passed this even though I know you can't get over something like this, you just get used to it.

Early the following morning, I'm online for a scheduled chat with my high school buddies. This is our first time meeting this way. For some old timers like ourselves, It's one step towards our 20th year out of high school. Sadly though, the YM applet on my computer doesn't work. I'll just have to be a wallflower on this one, hoping the next time will be with them not in spirit but in the flesh.

No comments: