Saturday, August 20, 2005

change of pace.

I did it. I formally submitted my resignation last week, effective the end of this month. Tis the first time I ever resigned from anything, so I was really somber the past few days. I struggled with the decision, always wondering if it's the right thing to do at the moment, considering the economy here, but everything's gettin' clearer as the day drew near. I handed my letter to my only contemporary in the office, in terms of lenght of tenure. He didn't take it well and urged me to reconsider. He said I should take a vacation if i'm just burned out. I'm really burned out but I do not need a vacation, I need a change. A change in my life. I never imagined I would go through this again after the first time, which was almost 10 years ago when I had 2 jobs. Anyway, at least I'm over one hump and I just have one more obstacle to hurdle, the exit interview.

ENough about it. I just pray that I made the right decision and hope this doesn't blow in my face. To end on a lighter note, a friend sent me this and I just have to share this with you.. (and I'm sure Laney will love this)

DORMITORY:
When you rearrange the letters:
DIRTY ROOM

PRESBYTERIAN: BEST IN PRAYER

DESPERATION: A ROPE ENDS IT

THE EYES: THEY SEE

GEORGE BUSH: HE BUGS GORE

THE MORSE CODE: HERE COME DOTS

SLOT MACHINES: CASH LOST IN ME

ANIMOSITY: IS NO AMITY

ELECTION RESULTS: LIES - LET'S RECOUNT

MOTHER-IN-LAW: WOMAN HITLER

SNOOZE ALARMS: ALAS! NO MORE Z 'S

A DECIMAL POINT: IM A DOT IN PLACE

THE EARTHQUAKES: THAT QUEER SHAKE

ELEVEN PLUS TWO: TWELVE PLUS ONE

PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA:
When you rearrange the letters
(With no letters left over and using each letter only once):
TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS

Yep! Someone with waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands!

That's a wrap. In the words of the great Vee, Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

Dude, prayers check. Most of the good people I know are having an off moment [including myself], diffy dilemmas but same intensity no? Oh well. PRAYERS PRAYERS. Ingat. God Bless.

p.s. Texted Pao on his birthday, no reply, does he still have the same number?