Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Thankful

Another year's gonna end and I'm not a bit wiser in my opinion. 2005 started with so much promise and it all went downhill from then. I guess I'd better start switching priorities from now on. In retrospect, the past year was quite the roller-coaster ride for me.....

I'm thankful that I was given the opportunity to travel the country through my profession. I've seen new places and met interesting people and tasted the hospitality (and food!) of the locations my work has brought me.

I'm thankful that inspite of the weak economy, I was still able to earn through my work and "not" resort to anything illegal or immoral. I still have some credit card debt that hopefully will be gone by next year.

I'm still thankful that inspite of my bouts with U.T.I, a strained back, a bum knee and panic attacks, I'm still fairly healthy (nee borderline)with no serious health issues to worry about. I still have to confirm this with a thorough medical exam, of course.

I'm thankful that our house was spared from the fire that burned down 4 houses adjacent to us and we only had some water damage. I'm really, really thankful for this one.

I'm thankful that even though we're all getting older, my family and friends are "still" healthy and without any serious ailments.

I'm thankful that I'm still doing the thing I love and studied for even though I had experienced some burn-out during the course of the year. I just pray that I'll be able to find my way that'll truly make me happy and content.

I'm thankful that some people still look up to me, literally and figuratively, inspite of some negative things that's being said about me.

And I'm thankful that my list of friends has only grown longer and people still keeps on reading what I write on this blog.

Happy New Year guys!

2 comments:

Vikkicar said...

Wishing you a blessed 2006...God Bless always.

manonica said...

... And I'm thankful for your thoughtfulness... and for my Fwends calendar of course, whee! Thanks again Dino!