Friday, April 20, 2007

hiatus.

It's been almost a week since I came home and I've kept myself busy by renewing all my expired licenses, sorting my wardrobe for old clothes that I can donate and scanning all my photos into my PC, and I have 1 shoe-box full.
A lot has changed in my neighborhood, being away 17 months guaranteed that. One thing that hasn't changed is the heat though It does not bother me as much as before. Settling back in Manila, here's a few things that I'll miss...
1. The traffic in Iloilo isn't as bad here. Everything there is only 30 minutes away. Heck, the beach is just a 15 minute ride.
2. The food. I know there's a lot of places to eat here but everything cheaper there. I've treated 6 of my friends to a hearty dinner and the bill is just 800 pesos. 1 piece of BBQ chicken is just 30 pesos, pork BBQ is just 5 and 1 a kilo of lechon is just 250 pesos.
3. The beach. Panay being an island, there's always time to go to the shore and take a dip. Like I said, Villa beach is just 15 minutes away from my boarding house and Guimaras is only 30 minutes from the city.
4. I'll miss the group of kids that greet me every time I pass by their playground and walk with me all the way home. They don't know who I am but they all call me "Kuya".
5. I'll miss the family who took care of me while I was there. They cooked for me, cleaned my room, washed my clothes and they still thanked me when I left.
Next month, I'll probably will accept the new position that my boss offered me and start this phase in my career. Hopefully, I'll still have the opportunity to come back there.

No comments: