Friday, February 08, 2008

looking forward.

My work week blew by so fast this time. The reason probably is that I didn't report to the office last Monday and the bosses weren't in most of the week. I was also preoccupied by my deadlines so much that It left me so little time to rant about everything else. I just wish that the days could blow by me so fast that when I realize it, the year is halfway through already. I'm looking forward to our high school reunion in August. The preparations have started and sans any hitch, it will be held in Fontana in what was formerly Clark Air Base. I can't wait.

The year of the Earth Rat sneaked in yesterday without so much fanfare at the office. Didn't even receive a single box of tikoy (sob) and my bosses are all Chinese. They probably had enough of the sticky treat. The canteen at our building did give away some to it's lunch patrons. The bosses did treat the entire staff to pizza and soda yesterday. I'm looking forward to a fruitful (or eventful) year this time coz I, also was born under the Rat sign. So much as been said on TV and the dailies about my year-long fortune that now, I can't say what will happen in the next 12 months. I'm praying that everything will be O.K., everybody will be happy and no one will get hurt. Again, Kung hei fat choy!

I'm still undecided on whether or not I take a trip this Holy Week to Singapore. Though it isn't in my plans (yet) to work there, I still haven't heard about the job I was interviewed for last week. Whatever happens, happens. It was probably that missed cellphone call 2 days ago and it being a holiday, I probably won't hear from them this week anymore. Despite of this setback (or blessing), problems and shortcomings aside, there was strange calmness on how I handled work this week. Everything was clear and surprisingly, I was able to finish all my work (at the office, at least). I still am behind on some my personal projects but, I know I'll be able to finish them by Sunday, hopefully. One reason I can think of is that maybe, just maybe, everything is falling into place and settling down. After a tumultuous couple of months, things are certainly looking up. I'm just hoping this isn't the calm before the storm.

After celebrating the Chinese New Year, lovebirds all the world over is looking forward to Valentine's day this Friday. Like the past years, I'll be on my own. (huhuhu). I've always believed that I'll find (found?!) the perfect mate for me, If I can stay patient, but some people find me too idealistic that it may be difficult for me to eventually find one. Methinks that's just their opinion but I believe it. I believe than when I choose to love someone, SHE is the ideal one for me. Finding that one true love may not always come to all of us, but searching and not finding it doesn't make one's life unfulfilled. I'm also looking forward to finding it, or perhaps I have found it already.... I just pray that everything will turn out okay, eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that when you do find that somebody, Mr. Fussy, she's going to be worth it. Good things come to those who wait... And you do deserve everything good that this life has to offer.