Monday, February 11, 2008

my week ahead.

It's a Monday and I'm at home blogging, instead of working. Well, not really,I was working a while ago and I'm just taking a break. I'm allowed to work at home when my boss is out of town. It's one of my perks. Ti's the second time that I'm cutting my work week by a day. hahaha. Saves me from commuting expenses ansd lunch. I'm trying to concentrate on work now and other plans I have for my future. I have so many things I want to do and I don't know where to start. Anyway, I'll begin by finishing all my deadlines. I was talking to a couple of former officemates last night and it seems that everyone I know is skipping town to work abroad. The same thought has already crossed my mind and I'm just waiting for a reply from my interview and I'll take it from there. It's probably the money why everyone is opting to work overseas. A lot of us work abroad to follow the money and maybe, I should start thinking that way too. I also believe that being unhitched has made me care less about money. That's the only reason I can think of right now.

It's really annoying sometimes when other people expect you to be something or somewhere "just because" you reach a certain point or status in your life.
"You're 35? Why aren't you married yet?"
"You're an Architect? Why aren't you working abroad?"

I know they mean well but never in my life that I did what's in or what everybody else's doing. I tried to but I later realized that it just isn't me. I do not always conform to the norm. Maybe, that's one of the reasons why I don't want to work abroad, 'coz I'd probably just get in trouble. I can be really stubborn most of the time. Aloof the rest of the way. I just pray that everyone else will like this stubborn and aloof version of me coz' that's what I am.

i think I've finally figured out why my blog isn't registering in my multiply page when I post in blogger. I think it stopped when i changed the theme to what I have now. Ah well, will just have to start posting on multiply for the moment.

Advanced Happy birthday to Vikkicar.

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

Salamat po. God Bless.