Saturday, October 09, 2004

rhythm method...

I learned a new phrase today and it's Circadian Rhythm. A newspaper article described it as the body's natural clock. The same article is about ways to defeat insomnia by doing sleep-inducing habits.
I never had an difficulty sleeping, except only when I'm anxious. I reason probably is because I have I mole in my nape. I could already hear Vincent's voice ...." nunal sa batok, antukin daw..(ala Funky Town). I cannot explain it but every instance that my back touches a level surface, I'll be sleepy in a matter of minutes. Staying asleep though is different. I am, on most occassions a light sleeper. I'm always roused at least once a night and catches sleep again after an hour or so. I can't remember when was the last time I had a good night's sleep. In the movie "With Honors", Simon has a pebble for every memorable event in his life and has a pebble to remind him of "the best night's sleep he ever had." I hope I could get some of that.
I've been able to sleep soundly the past couple of months, probably not many reasons to be waking up in the dead of night. Also, work and other activities has my body begging for more rest. It isn't a surprise to see me in front of the TV trying to stay awake watching CSI: Miami. I do hope I can't stay awwke for a bit longer periods so I can finish "Debt of Honor". It's been 8 months and I'm still in chapter 10.

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

Ahhh. kaya pala madali ka makatulog pag overtime na tayo kina Ada. Totoo pala yon? God bless.